Mon, Nov 20|
International Men's Day
"On International Men's Day, let us honor and celebrate men who strive to be role models, fathers, partners, and friends. Real men show strength through kindness, compassion, and respect."
Time & Location
Nov 20, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
About the event
International Men's Day, celebrated annually on November 19th, is a day dedicated to recognizing and celebrating men's contributions to society while addressing the unique challenges they face. One crucial aspect of this celebration is promoting work-life balance for men. In a world where expectations and pressures on men can be overwhelming, it's important to raise awareness about the significance of maintaining a healthy balance between work and personal life. Work-life balance is not only essential for individual well-being but also for fostering healthier families, workplaces, and communities.
Main Pillars for an Awareness Session:
- Mental Health and Emotional Well-being: discussing the importance of men's mental health.
- Fatherhood and Positive Role Models: Explore the significance of fatherhood and the impact of positive male role models.
- Men's Health: Cover the physical health aspects, including regular check-ups, healthy lifestyle choices, and the importance of early detection and prevention of diseases such as prostate cancer and heart disease.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Advocating for flexible work options that allow men to better manage their work commitments while maintaining time for their personal lives.
- Career Advancement and Job Security: Addressing workplace issues that impact men's work-life balance, such as long working hours, job stress, Financial stress, and career advancement pressures.
- Physical Health and Wellness: Encouraging regular exercise, a healthy diet, and overall well-being. A focus on physical health can reduce the stress and health problems that can result from an imbalance between work and personal life.
- Communication and Emotional Support: Fostering open communication about challenges men face in balancing their roles and providing emotional support. Encouraging men to seek help from friends, family, or professionals when dealing with difficulties.
- Community Engagement: Encouraging men to engage in their communities, hobbies, and social activities outside of work. A strong sense of community can offer vital support and balance.
lecture will be conducted by
Dr. Osama Allala - Health and Nutrition
Abu Dhabi Sports Council
International Men's Day$15.00+$0.38 service fee